December 11, 2012

Cream of Tomato



I can still taste it :p Last night I made cream of tomato from one of my favorite chiefs - Rachael Ray!! I think thats where I got my instinct measurements habits :D I'm not of fan of this particular soup but Mohamed loves it!

Serving 4 you will need:
4 cups of Milk
2 cans 14 ounces diced tomatos - I used the 5 fresh tomatoes that were in my fridge :P
1 medium onion
Salt and Pepper
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter
1 rib celery - I didn't have it but I added some frozen vegetables and peas instead
1/2 cup basil pesto - I googled the recipe

How to?? So quick and easy!! Just heat the milk (don't boil) and blend everything else except the pesto in a food processor, then add to the hot milk and allow to boil. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer. Finally add a spoon or two of pesto!


No comments:

Post a Comment